Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quick Question For Anyone Who Owns Michael Manring's "The Artist's Profile" DVD

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    There's a quick 10 second shot of Michael playing a tune with Michael Hedges playing a flute. Can someone tell me the name of the tune? It sounds like a jazz rendition of a Bach piece that I can't recall the name of. Thanks!

2. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

J.S. bAch is correct..... "Bouree"

Max

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks a lot, Max :)

4. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    By the way, is there any available recordings of the two playing the piece? I tried tracking it down on Google and wasn't able to find one.

5. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks for your interest, Bryan. The bass-flute duet was our rendition of Jethro Tull’s rendition of the Bouree from Bach’s first lute suite. We both grew up loving the Tull version and thought it’d be fun to play it in shows. There weren’t a lot a famous flute-bass duets out there!