Quick question for Ashdown ABM EVO 500 owners...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassment zombie, Jan 3, 2004.

1. I've looked high and low on the Ashdown resource links provided on their website, but I cannot find the information I'm looking for. I've got an order for an ABM 500 EVO II - I know it puts out 575 at 4ohms, but I'm curious to know how much power it puts out at 8ohms...anyone know?

Thanks in advance :) :bassist:
  2. I'll email them again...I didn't get a response previously.

That seems like quite a drastic dive/dip - being rated at 575 watts @ 4ohms all the way down to 275 @ 8ohms...hm? :confused:
  3. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The ABM 300 gives about 2/3 or it´s full power at 8 ohms. Might be the same with the ABM 500.
    That would make it about 380 watts.
  4. whatever

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm going to hijack this thread.

What do you guys think of the sound of the ABM 500? What about the ABM 900?

I am giving consideration to buying a more powerful amp. I have a 300 watt SVT Classic now. I have never owned a solid state amp but a hybrid might be a good way to go considering the gain in power and portability.
  5. Excellent...the ABM 500 EVO II actually puts out 575 watts, and 75% of that would be 431.25, which is quite nice :)

Anyhow, as soon as Ashdown replies to my email, I'll post it here...thanks fellas :)

PS - whatever, there are plenty of threads discussing the Ashdown ABM EVO amps and their tones. If you do a 'search' you'll find plenty of the sorts of information you're wanting :bassist:
  6. Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    When I had an ABM-500, I asked Ashdown the very same question. They wrote back and said:

8 ohm rating of the 300 is 230w.
    8 ohm rating of the 500 is 380w.

7. whatever

Jul 2, 2003
    the SVT is all tubes

I'll do a search for more info.