Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quick question: Hartke 1415 plus Eden D-210XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Damian, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Damian

Damian

Jul 4, 2000
    Hey,

Just a quick question. I'm getting my cabinet tomorrow ( after 10 days of WORST customer service at MF I've ever seen they finally sent it ). I'm going to Chicago on Thursday and will pick up the head there so during the reahersal with my band on Wendesday I'll be still using Hartke. I was thinking: Can I unplug the Hartke speaker and plug the Eden cabinet ?
    The amp in the combo is 140W at 4 ohms and Eden 350W at 4 ohms also ( will have 4 ohms just temporarily and then get the 8 ohm later on - long story ), will that gonna work ? I just want to try it once but don't wanna mess up.

Anyone ?

Thanks

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm thinking you're going to end up with 2.67 ohms or 2 ohms by running the 210 as an extension. Can you unplug the speaker in the combo? If you can, do that and just use the 210.

Oh yeah, the low impedance probably will puktedidup.

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    THe 1415 head part connects to the speaker via a single 1/4
    jack. I can see no problem in disconnecting the speaker and plugging in a 4 ohm cabinet. 4 ohms is min for the 1415. Dont go below.

I had thought about running an extension and after pushing my brain out my ears found it was, as mentioned, 2. something ohms.

As an aside the head part is connected to the cab via 4 screws. If its self contained ie no guts showing why not unscrew it and use it as a head.

I have not tried this so check it out as you go.

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    ps dont clip the amp

5. Damian

Damian

Jul 4, 2000
    Thanks guys,

Yeah, I forgot to mention that you can unplug the speaker of the combo. I just don't have the head yet and really want to play through that 210XLT ( I know it's not gonna be the same without Eden amp but still... )

Anyway, I just wanna use it tonight. I'm going to Chicago tomorrow and will be back on Tusday with the amp in my hands :)

Thank you guys and have a Happy Thanksgiving :)