Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

quick question!!! is bass central open on sundays!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by steve-o, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i just need to know!!!!!!

steve

2. I seriously doubt it.

Mike

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ya i know but i just hope.
    samash and every big store in orlando is open on sundays.
    and bass central is as big as it gets in basses around here.

steve

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    The official answer is: NO

I'm already there six days a week, i need at least one day a week off!!! :eek: ;) Sorry we're a very small store when it comes to staff (Beaver, 3 full-time employees, one part-timer), so finding the staffing to be open 7 days a week is impossible. If there's any other time you think you may make it to the shop (you're only about 30 minutes away at the most!), just give me a heads up and I'll even stay late for you if I can.

That applies to the showroom, occassionally Beaver will answer the phone on a Sunday, but generally just to take a message. Most of the time, he just lets the voicemail handle it.

5. Heck, Gard's even here posting replies at nearly 4 in the morning (Eastern time). You don't think he'd be getting up and going to work in the morning too, do you? :)

They may be "as big as it gets in basses", but like most of the specialty shops (bass and otherwise) that I'm familiar with, they're really not "big"--just a storefront staffed with a handful of dedicated folks who love what they do and know their stuff.

On the other hand, Sam Ash (and Mars Music, Guitar Center, etc.) are basically Wal-Mart selling guitars. Different situation altogether...you expect Wal-Mart to be open on Sundays.

Mike

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    thanks gard.
    i went to bead at 3 in the morning.
    i will check you out soon.

steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.