Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

quick question regarding pickguards...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Uncle Amos, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Uncle Amos

Uncle Amos

Sep 3, 2004
    Can you use either a Fender Standard Jazz PG or an American Jazz PG for a Geddy Lee?

In other words, could I buy any Fender Jazz pg and use it on a Geddy?

thanks!

2. Don't think you'll have much luck. A friend just tried doing something similar with his Geddy (he favors tort pickguards) and when he got the pickguard there weren't enough holes and most didn't line up.

3. beadgc

beadgc

Oct 10, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hard to say without looking at it. I had a dead stock 73 jazz and ordered a pickguard from a big dealer and the screholes were a slightly different pattern -- and it also didn't fit a 2001 american jjazz I had at the time.

One place that might help is the WD website. They list several different models for jazzes, and if you click the model (American, for instance) and then click "product details" it will show you a layout of the pickguard with the location of the screw holes, etc. Worth a try to see if you can match and compare the ones you're talking about.
    http://www.wdmusic.com/fender_replacement_pickguards_13460_ctg.htm

4. Uncle Amos

Uncle Amos

Sep 3, 2004
    thanks for the link!