Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quick Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by I-Love-Ratm, Jul 23, 2004.

1. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Well I saw this Warwick Dolphin on the Internet with two jazz pickups instead of one and a humbucker.Whats the deal there?and how much would you pay for one used?

Thanks

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'm pretty sure the only dolphins I've seen have had a pair of Jazz sitting real close and near the bridge.

unfortunately it's have to be REAL cheap for me to think about buying it... I've not played a Warwick I've liked yet.

3. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Hmmmmm. Thats a tricky one. If you look at the dolphin you can see the humbucker looks like two singles strapped together. Maybe they decided to shove 2 in. or maybe it was a dodgy camera angle. A link to the picture may help?

4. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Dolphin
    Theres the link but dont stel my bass!

5. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    do ye think its authentic?

6. The ones with two J-style pickups near the bridge are a short-lived bolt-on version of the Dolphin. It was Warwick's first attempt at a lower-cost bolt-on bass, as I recall, with a maple neck and rosewood board, but I don't remember the exact model name.

Mike

7. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    was known as the Dophin II

8. bigcatJC

bigcatJC

Jul 9, 2004
    My local music store had one of those in red back in the day. The tone seemed rather choked and lifeless compared to other Warwicks, but it was well made.

9. I-Love-RATM

I sent you a PM reply about this bass. Mine looks exactly like it. I don't know the British Pounds to American Dollars conversion, but if it's affordable and looks good to you, you might want to go with it.

Everybody I've played this bass with or for, either loves it or hates it. Those who hate it hate the color, those who love it love the sound.

Paul

10. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Thanks a million guys