1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Quick question.............

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DWBass, Apr 22, 2006.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

A new Fender American Deluxe V w/HSC......$825 tax included out the door!! Good deal???

2. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    yes. they regularly go for that used on the bay. take it if you can. if you don't like it you should easily be able to get your money back on the net.

3. yup. sell new for well over a grand

4. JKwo

JKwo

Jan 12, 2006
    Berklee
    great deal.

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Aaight, I'm 'bout to pull the trigger today! Also gonna try to add a trade in to get the price down a bit more! Wish me luck! :)

6. Perretje

Perretje

Apr 23, 2006
    Very good deal.
    Buy it! Buy it! Buy it!

7. withdevil

withdevil

Apr 23, 2005
    Dallas,TX
    buy it!!!!!

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Well, I tell ya, things happen for a reason!! I went to the local GC (well 35 miles away) and met my friend who has a lot of clout at this place due to him spending a ton of money there!! We meet his connection and sure enough he'll do the deal for $825 but.....................................................................................

Turns out they only have a 4 string in stock (why didn't he check before we got there? Dunno! Anyways, he says he has to order it and of course you all know it could take 30 days.....60 days....90 days, etc. to come in but I'm patient. He says he'll be back in a few for me to hang out. I go back to the 'Bass' section and start looking at basses on the wall and spot a Yamaha TRB1005! Hmmm...okay.....ahhhh.......let me check this out...never played one before. I grab it....hmmm....pretty light! Ok, let me plug her in and see wat she sounds like! Hmmm...action is pretty low (very much to my liking), neck is straight and plays like 'butta'! Hmmm.......Pre-amp is decent! Loud output! Decent amount of cut/boost although it lacked a little in the treble dept. but not bad! Hmmm.....what's the price on this thing? $799 (sale price, retail is $1100 or $1200 can't remember)! Hmmm........I play it a little more and I'm finding I'm extremely comfortable playing this thing and cats are coming over to hear me play and compliment me, the bass and it's sound! Hmmmm.......I'm thinking I want this thing! I call my friend over and tell him I think I want this bass instead of the Fender! He calls his connection over and I ask how much can he take off the sale price?! He goes to the front.....comes back and say $649! Hmmm.....getting real interesting now! I tell him I have a bass in the car I'd like to trade in as well! A 2001 Fender Marcus Miller sig (the original non-true passive/active model)I got in a trade with a TB'r! I already know they won't give top dollar but....anyway......................

I got the bass, a new SKB Freedom HSC, a set of Elixer Nanos for $409 including tax!!

To be honest, I really wasn't feeling the intended new Fender but at the price I was quoted, I couldn't pass it up! Anyway, the bass doesn't exist without pics, right? Wanna see it? Here it goes!! :)

TRB1005body.
    TRB1005FullShot.
    TRB1005Neck.
    TRB1005Headstock.

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Nice!

10. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Woah!!
    Way to go, man! I thought it was some guy gloating about HIS deal when I first saw the pictures.. haha.

11. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Nice Yammy, but you only got $250 for the Fender Marcus Miller?

12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

$350 but I was okay with it!