1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

quick question

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Jluckie3, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Jluckie3

Jluckie3

Mar 14, 2008
    endorsing artist Lakland basses
    looking for a good medium gauge flatwound 35" scale 5 string set. suggestions?

2. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    I think most manufacturers accommodate 35" scale basses with their standard sets, provided you're top loading. My favorite set of flats is LaBella 760FL. I don't know what the five string set is called.

3. As a variation on Craig_S' suggestion, you might try Sadowsky med gauge Black Labels. THe are mfg for Roger by Labella to different specs.

4. Jluckie3

Jluckie3

Mar 14, 2008
    endorsing artist Lakland basses
    string through btw

5. I like D'Addario Chromes, but they're brighter than other flats. Lots of folks end up getting them too short. They've info on their website to help you get the right size.

Might be worth checking websites of whatever you are considering. I don't recall which, but at least one maker recommends you do not string one type through-body.