1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD *QUICK SALE! $2750* Benavente SCD5 Buckeye Burl Top, Mesquite Burl Back & Ebony Board

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassology, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Bassology

Bassology Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Okay, here is a repost to an earlier ad of mine. For those who would like to know about the background. This bass was traded to me and left at the Lowend bass shop on consignment for the last 6 months. I just got it back this week.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/ft-feeler-benavente-scd-1-5-string-buckeye-mesquite-burl-949754/

Not even sure how would I start by describing the bass. I can honestly tell you this is probably the best built bass that I have ever had my hands on, my list includes MTD, F Bass, Valenti, Roscoe, Ken Smith, G & L, Fender, Gibson, Atelier, Nordy, Lakland, Dingwall, Sadowsky Metro, Modulus, Rickenbacker, Aries, Spector, Godin, Sukop, Kinal, Warwick....etc. And seriously, this is probably the best in terms of overall construction. It's nearly flawless, and trust me I look for them on every bass that I've ever played, they've all got something.

The entire bass is oil finished I believe, it gives it almost a polished stone look, feels very durable much more so than others who also utilize oil stain finish. The Buckeye Burl top has a marble like quality, stunning visually. The joints of the body is seamless, and each of every part of this bass has basically surpassed my high expectations. I think this may be what I would expect from a Fodera with their 10k+ price tag?

The bass is in near mint condition, I would give it a 9.5+/10. It has an incredible neck profile that fits like a glove on my left hand, and the low neck action is just incredible. The only noticeable issue is that the Mid EQ pot can get a bit scratchy when turn up high, this only happens when the knob is in motion, I am sure some contact cleaner can solve the issue. Other wise, I can't find no issue. The word is that this is the first SCD that Benavente had built, hence the nickname #1. A brand new one like this with all the custom features these days would probably cost you $6000+.

I would like to keep the bass, but I just can't afford it. My MTD 535 arrived, and I really need to pay off my visa. Plus, I know if I keep the Benavente, I would probably be too paranoid of bringing it out, fearing on scratching or denting it, but that's just me. :rollno:

Traded!!! [DEL]In terms of the sales, I am mostly looking for cash. Unless if you have an unlined 5-string fretless or a boutique 5-string jazz and are willing to trade up with a minimal of $1250 cash after fees coming to me. If not, I would rather keep it for a cash transaction. I am listing the bass at a below market price in hope for a quick sale. Most of these are going $3000+ in the used market. So $2750 no fee payment (ie, Cash, Postal MO, E-Check, etc...) shipped Canada and USA. [/DEL]No case or gigbag will be included with the bass as it was shipped to me without one. The bass will be double box packed carefully and safely.

Here are the specs:
    - SCD #1 (First Benavente SCD ever)
    - Buckeye burl top
    - Mesquite burl back
    - Buckey headstock
    - Mahogany body
    - Pearwood core
    - Maple neck
    - Ebony Board
    - Abalone inlays
    - Benavente Pre: 3 Band/Vol/Vol/Active to Passive/Parallel to Series Switching
    - Gold/black hardware
    - 35" Scale
    - Custom spacing, 1 3/4 nut and 18mm string spacing at the bridge

IMAG1300. IMAG1302.

100_1793600x450.

100_1811600x450.

100_1804600x450.

2. Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Changed batteries = No more electronics issues......... :bassist:

3. Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    How about your Pedulla Ltd Ed Buzz? :D

4. Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    I have a true road worn Fender Fotoflame fretless (very much like Jaco's) that I can throw in. Lots of scares on the body but the neck is in super great shape, and I just had its fingerbaord epoxized ($350+) last year. I would say the value is somewhere between $400 - $600.

5. Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Na, got rid of most of my pedals awhile back. I can maybe throw in an EBS UniChorus. Anyway, PM me your email address, I will send you some pics..

6. we ALMOST got there - BUMP

7. bump

8. Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    This one is a goner. I traded it down for a Smith BSR5J. Thx Talkbass :)