Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quick signal order question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by I-Love-Ratm, Jan 11, 2005.

1. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm playing a gig on Friday and net to set up my pedals after a band quick as possible and was wondering what's the best order to put a Boss Phaser,TU-2 Tuner,Big Muff and Sansamp BDDI?I woulda thought Sansamp closest to my bass but I tried it with just that and the muff and it sucked the muff(!) completely.

Cheers
    Mike

2. Kheos

Kheos

Aug 12, 2002
    Belgium
    TU-2 first
    you always wanne give your tuner the purest possible signal

3. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Source Audio, Hipshot
    I tried to put my SansAmp last in the chain so if I ever needed a DI I could have my effected sound thru the PA, but the sound wasn't a s good as what I have now:

SansAmp BDDI> Digitech Bass Synth Wah (octaver)> Q-Tron> Danelectro FabTone> Digitech Bass Multi Chorus> Digitech DigiDelay> amp

I read that putting any distortion/ delay/ modulation effects AFTER an filter effects works best, which seems to be the case with my stuff. I would suggest:

Tuner> Big Muff> Phaser> BDDI

but do whatever sounds best, as that is what counts.

Hope this helps!

4. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I'll try it.And just to be clear does that mean the Sans amp closest amp and tuner closest to bass?