1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Quick Solid State Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basspunk2005, Apr 21, 2006.

1. basspunk2005

basspunk2005 Guest

Jan 31, 2005
    Hey everyone, just a quick question, my bands going into the studio next month and I was wondering if my TE ah3007(SS) will be ok running without being connected to a cab. So from the line out it connects direct to the desk. I know you cant do this on tube amps so sadly I wont be using my v6:(as I dont have enough room in my car to take 4 people and other gear etc. Yea so will my TE SS head be ok running straight to the desk minus a cab?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Why plug your bass straight into the "board".
    You'll be amazed at what various plug-ins can do to model your sound if you get it clean into a track.

3. basspunk2005

basspunk2005 Guest

Jan 31, 2005
    Thanks, I know, thats what I am going to do, just I need to know if I can run my amp head without a cab, will it run ok?will it get damaged?

4. basspunk2005

basspunk2005 Guest

Jan 31, 2005
    bump

5. Kasper007

Kasper007

Feb 9, 2006
    Belgium
    I don't know much about amps but I clearly remeber that amps (don't know wich ones) can get seriously damaged when they are played upon without a speaker connected. (could be wrong though)

6. 12bass

12bass

Jan 2, 2003
    Victoria, Canada
    Modern solid-state amplifiers can run safely without a speaker connected.

7. basspunk2005

basspunk2005 Guest

Jan 31, 2005
    Would that mean my TE ss head will be ok running minus a cab?

Thanks to microbass, he has told me that it will be fine:Dcheers mate

8. basspunk2005

basspunk2005 Guest

Jan 31, 2005
    Cheers smash:Dwhen we get the recording done, ill try and put a few tracks up;)