1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Quick step in the right direction?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by LittleKnowItAll, Apr 25, 2009.

1. LittleKnowItAll

LittleKnowItAll

Apr 27, 2007
    I might be putting myself across as a moron here but I've got a verse and the chords are

B minor F# Major F# Major B minor.

Can anyone give me a list of scales I can use over this if I wanted to solo?

2. bhass

bhass

Oct 21, 2008
    England, UK
    What's wrong with using B minor F# Major F# Major B minor

3. LittleKnowItAll

LittleKnowItAll

Apr 27, 2007
    Just trying to look at it from a different angle this time, To be hones I've only recently bothered even learning anytheory at all, Before I was just playing through my pentatonics and only recently have I even gone over my majors I'm still not very comfortable with my minors so If anyone turned around to me and said 'this scale works, this scale works and this scale works' and linked me I'd temporarily be able to deal witht eh fact that I don't know **** for this one song I've got to play tomorow.

(I'd have options)

4. bhass

bhass

Oct 21, 2008
    England, UK
    I just wondered why you couldn't use them scales. Seems you want something different, then I can't help you. Your better off waiting for someone who knows what they are talking about :) (not me)

5. slybass3000

slybass3000 Banned

Nov 5, 2004
    Montréal,Qc,Canada
    The easiest would be B minor natural or (D Major). B-C#-D-E-F#-G-A.

On the F# which is actually a F#7 functionning as the dominant of B Minor,you can use the same scale or replace the A by an A#. This would give you the B minor Harmonic scale starting on the fifth note.

There are others scales like B minor Blues and B minor Pentatonic too,

Hope this helps,

Sly

6. LittleKnowItAll

LittleKnowItAll

Apr 27, 2007
    This is exactly what I needed, thankyou.