Quick thread on the ATK300

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CrawlingEye, Jun 17, 2001.

1. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I saw an ATK300 online for $200... (used) It seems like it's in really good condition. Anyone have any ideas of how much their worth? I'm debating bidding on it. I'm gonna be selling my Ibanez SR800LE for like $400 so I'd definatly have enough for this... And I'm pretty sure I've heard good things about them.
  2. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
  3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    ATK300 RULES!!!
    I Had one.
  4. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    I am trying to get an ATK300 left-handed in the uk, but I can't find one :(
  5. Try Curly's Music in Liverpool, they had a few lefty ATK's last time I visited.
  6. I don't think they are sold new in the US anymore. I saw a couple at a music store yesterday but didn't see the price. The store I traded my in at has it for sale for $500. They are really nice basses.
  7. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Do they have a website, and when was the last time you visited them? Thanks.
  8. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
  9. They don't make them anymore which is sad because they are really NICE basses. The deluxe models weren't cheap when new...around $700 but used I've seen them from anywhere from $250 to $500. They pop up on Ebay pretty frequently.
  10. They are sold everywhere but the US. All through Europe and Asia. The last time I went to Curly's was in May, and they had 2 4 string ATK's, a lefty 4 string and a lefty 5 string. The stock will probably have changed, but there should be a lefty of some kind in stock.

They are good basses, and I'm glad that the Yanks can't buy them. It's a small price to pay for being able to get Dave Pushics etc. in the states.
  11. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

For the record... The ATK400 is an electric guitar. Not a bass.
  12. Well if you're going by the picture on the guitarbargains.com (I think its of Paul Gilbert) yes, that IS a guitar but they have that as the pic on several of the Ibanez models there for some reason...the ATK's were/are basses. There are several models...a basic model with only 1 vol and 1 tone control, a more "deluxe" model that had nicer transparent finishes, added tone controls, and switching options on the pickup for different sounds...there's also a 5 string model. There's a never sold "new old stock" transparent red finish with white pearloid pickguard ATK400 at a place here in Catonsville MD called Bill's Music House priced at $750, its new...but old stock that's been sitting there since the basses first came out. There's a black ATK300 on ebay now as well 1438590795 is the item number. I've almost bought an ATK quite a few times but prefer a slimmer neck...got a Ric 4003 instead but the ATK's are very nice and sound good...very close to a MusicMan
  13. David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany

I´ve seen a very very very nice old US ATK at my local musik store: Peal Pickguard, Trans Dark Red, als Rosewood Neck..

14. Look, if you want to find out what ATK's are available, then go to http://www.ibanez.com
    They have all their available models, albeit the finishes have changed recently(the BTB40XQM now comes in Transparent Blue instead of Trans. Purple, etc.)
  15. The ATK's are NOT on the Ibanez website...they've stopped offering them, at least in the US.
  16. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Thanks for the link mate. The guys at curly music are great. They are ordering me a lefty atk.
  17. Yeah, Curly's Music is a cool store. I said I wanted to try a Spector out, could I use an amp, they said sure and directed me to an Eden stack! They even asked me if I wanted to try any of their effects pedals with the thing!

Long live Curly's Music:cool: