1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quick Voodoo Lab power brick question...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SoundOfOneHandSlapping, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Can I plug this:
    s-l500. s-l500.

Into the back of this: p_pp2plus_lg.

in order to power two more Voodoo Lab pedal power 2 plus units?

I'm just trying to tidy up the underside of my board. With three power bricks, it would be nice to only have one chord running to the wall. I just wanted to make sure this wouldn't damage any equipment. Thanks

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Sure. I once powered a pair of rack preamps with one of those Y cables. Great way of reducing spaghetti.

3. Thank you!

4. 96Brigadier

96Brigadier Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Canada
    Are you talking about using that plug, plugged into a wall, and then into two power supplies?

OR

Are you asking about plugging that cord into the AC out of one Pedal Power 2 and then into 2 more Pedal Power 2’s?

The first example should work, i dont know that the second example will as the PP2 ac out doesnt provide the same power as a wall outlet does. I would look into that further if thats what you want to do.

5. I’m looking to power two additional voodoo lab power units from the AC out in the initial voodoo lab unit. Daisy chaining, I suppose.

6. 96Brigadier

96Brigadier Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Canada
    Hopefully someone with electronics experience will chime in... if i remember right at 120 Volts the 200 watt output of the Voodoo will provide up to 1667 mA (200/120). I don’t think thats enough to power two more Voodoo given they have 1000 mA of total output each, but I also dont know how the outputs being 9 volts helps or hinders.

I believe the first response in this thread read your post to be my first example which is why if it were me I’d look for another opinion. If a person doesnt have a Voodoo they wouldn’t know there is a 200 watt AC output.

7. Jonny5bass

Jonny5bass Supporting Member

May 3, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Maybe contact voodoo labs directly. Or check out the manual and see if there are output specs on that ac out.

8. Two PP2s cost 340 new. A Cioks DC10 is 260 new. Look at amperage and maybe some y splitters or daisy chains and you may change your mind. Just sayin.

9. Thanks for the help, I think I'll take your advice and try contacting Voodoo Lab directly.

Jonny5bass and 96Brigadier like this.