Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quicktime

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Worshiper, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    Can anyone tell me how to convert a media file to quicktime and how to load it on a web site? I have it saved now in windows media player but let's just face it, quicktime rocks. I figured this is the best place to ask this question sence I've seen numerous quicktime files here. Thanks in advance guys.

2. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
  3. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Couple of things:

1) It's not as easy on a PC. Some Macs come loaded with Quicktime tools. This type of video formatting can be time consuming and frustrating.
    2) The file probably would not "improve" by converting to QT. I'm not aware of any file conversions of videos that improve the quality.
    3) Here's my favorite Video editing help site. I didn't see a listing for how to convert to .mov, but it has lot's of good info.
    http://www.videohelp.com/convert#4;62

Good luck....

4. joninjapan

joninjapan

Aug 13, 2003
    Tokyo, Japan
    Nothing is free in this world, but Quicktime Pro is pretty cheap and very powerful... The tools you seek are available under Pro.

You just have to "export" the file, you will be given a choice of file formats, both video and audio.

On modern Macs some of these tools are available with out Pro through iMovie and iTunes though not as flexible.

And coming in Quicktime 7 is direct audio and video recording... including from seperate sources, for example video from the DV camera and audio from mixing board... cool :hyper: