Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quiet Fender Jazz Deluxe MIM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by goran, Mar 27, 2003.

1. goran

goran

Dec 17, 2002
    Croatia
    Endorsing Artist: Bartolini
    I noticed that my new Fender Jazz Deluxe MIM (produced in 2002.) is about 50% quieter than my previous one ('98. model).
    Pickups aren't too far from the strings. Is there some way to boost signal with internal electronics? (I'm not reffering to changing some components) Is the problem in pickups?
    I won't open control plate because bass is still under warranty. Please answer only if you know what problem is about.

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    There is some degree in variation among MIM Fenders and it may simply be that inconsistency in their production. Or it could be that the pickup design was changed somewhat in the 4 years between the manufacture of these two basses. As far as solutions that allow you to avoid internally modifying the bass, you could get a Sadowsky or Aguilar outboard preamp, or perhaps a clean boost pedal of some sort. That's what I would do to boost the output a bit.

3. goran

goran

Dec 17, 2002
    Croatia
    Endorsing Artist: Bartolini
    Well, I'm broke at the moment, so any further investing in equipment is out of question. I hoped to hear some easy solution which doesn't include buying new stuff.:bawl:

4. bassray

bassray

Mar 3, 2003
    ive just bought a mim deluxe jazz bass, and i had to take the first one back because it had faults, and then i waited for another one to come. If your not sure if it is ok you should take it back and compare it to another one in the shop. there are so many of these made...some arent up to scratch.