QUIET RIOT Seeks bass player.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by jnprather, Dec 25, 2005.

1. I think a TalkBass'er needs to fill this spot:

QUIET RIOT will be holding a one day only audition for a bass player that is based out of the general Los Angeles area. If you are interested but not in the area, please do not apply.

The basic requirements are for a bass player that is well versed and rooted in British late 60's and 70's music. John Paul Jones, Andy Fraser, the style of music such as Led Zeppelin, Free, Humble Pie, The Baby's, etc.

We are looking for a finger player that is also musically knowledgeable of funk roots. The new material has a lot of these influences as a basis, but applicants would also be required to perform the QUIET RIOT songs that are expected from the band.

If interested and qualified, please e-mail: QUIETRIOTBASS@AOL.com

Include all your contact information, bio, images etc.

QUIET RIOT will begin recording the new CD in late January and into February 2006
  2. jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    BANG YOUR HEAD!!! One of the first tunes I learned. Too bad they aren't in the East...I'd try out.
  3. No way!! That rules!!!

4. Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    I'm disappointed to find that Quiet Riot uses AOL.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Pass. Even if I lived in LA, pass. I've heard all the Kevin DuBrow stories.
  6. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    Care to give me an idea? This is something I think I want to hear at least one of.
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Kevin DuBrow has left a long trail of enemies. He'd do interviews and trash the bands they worked with, the producers he worked with, and worst of all, he totally took credit for Randy Rhoads' style of playing when the remastered early Quiet Riot stuff came out. I know several people who have been associated with Kevin DuBrow and Quiet Riot, and they all say that he's a loudmouth jerk that they couldn't stand. Life's too short to make $200-300 a night working with that.
  8. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC

Good call. I'm out.
  9. Not only that, but Dubrow voice sounds like he gargles with Jack Daniels and razor blades before every show.
  10. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    Pardon my ignorance, but what happened to Rudy ?
  11. oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Well, I think they're looking for a Bass player :D
  12. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>> He did a tour with Yngwie, and then one with Dio,
    last I heard.

13. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>> You'd probably be lucky to make $200 a night with them. They hit the cutout bin a long time ago.

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    You're probably right. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.
  15. Pffft don't trash! If I were older and lived in the area I'd totally try out. Nothings better then feel-good cheese metal to bang your head to. I'm sure it'd be an amazing gigging experience.
  16. fingers only? guess ill leave my pic at home....
  17. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    A good friend of mine was in a band (Wasted Youth) that opened up for Quiet Riot. If I remember correctly, it was in Casper, WY. He told me that DuBrow got all coked up before the show, and refused to go on. My friends band then proceeded to play the entire night, and rocked the place out.
  18. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ya'gonna try-out?!

19. Bigby

Dec 30, 2005
    Played in a band back in 1993 and opened for Quiet Riot for three shows. All the guys in the band seem cool and low key, but of course, was a short time spent with them. I will not mention the fact that one member was wearing a wig...shhhhhhh!!!!