Quilter and Compression- Bass Block 800?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by baddarryl, Mar 16, 2018.

1. baddarryl

baddarryl

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Hi all. I recently got a Bass Block and understand how the Limiter works. I will be first to admit that I know really very little about sculpting my sound. Not sure that sounds right as I can dial in what I like. Odd right? I guess my question is how many of you guys run compression with this amp? I love a very deep, aggressive yet, smooth tone ala Colin Edwin etc, Deftones etc.

I typically run mine with Gain on 7-8, Depth at 2 oclock, Contour either 2 or 10 oclock depending and adjust the Master for volume behind my Ray 34 for an idea. Using in it it in Classic Rock with Avatar 12/6 and 115. Thanks.

2. I have one and a fEarless 12/6: I love the little combo, but run simple xotic compressor for ballads.
    I have a bigger rig and run a EQ Warden almost all the time for it. B.B. is just so good sounding naked, I use very similar settings to yours in most rooms and let my basses do the tone, which the amp lets them do.

3. Stu_Bass

Stu_Bass

Nov 24, 2006
    Pennsyltucky
    Your settings are similar to what I often use. I think use should have some moderate compression happening as long as the bass is not low output