Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quintin Berry

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BoiNtC, Mar 27, 2003.

1. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Anyone seen this guy play? A friend of mine tells me he's pretty good but the way he plays is a bit weird :p kinda not like :bassist: but with his hand up and under
    [​IMG]

2. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I met Quintin about 12 yrs ago when his band was palying at this bar called the Gallery in st.pete.fl and I ask him why did he use this impressive but yet unorthodox technique and what he said was that he was not as fatiqued as with having to play the bass the conventional way as we know it.Now with that being there were a couple of times that he would use the conventional way whenever he had to play a song that he had to slap on(BTW,if I'm not mistaken that looks like the same Alembic bass that he had when I first met him-A real down -to-earth person)Make no mistake.THE MAN CAN PLAY HIS ASS OFF !:bassist:

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
  4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water! :bag:

5. I watched those videos the other day--wow. Just kind of fascinating to me. Now I think I will go home and try to play like that.:D

jtbp

6. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    I had a chance to hang with QB at the summer & winter NAMM. He's a great guy & an amazing player. By the way, he plays equally well with either technique.

7. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    He can thump..those NAmm vidoes are awesome. His style is SO wierd. I would love to hear some more of his stuff.

8. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    GOOD LUCK !:eek:

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Hey Johnalex, I really like your avatar! It's nice........for me to poop on!! Bahahahahahaha

10. I tried to play like that. I think with som practice it could be done, but it is definately different. When I did it on my Jazz 5 the knobs got in the way a bit, but it was fun.

jtbp

11. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    ahh yes ahh yes......DWbass...a nice guy a nice guy....FOR ME TO POOP ON!.........I kid I kid.

*sorry for getting completely off topic!!*:p