1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quite possibly the nicest bassist wanted ad ever...or not?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by petrus61, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Sounds like a drama-free zone. If I was nearby, I'd answer it.

2. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    I'm in, and I live 1000 miles away!

3. Sounds good to me too! I like the music style they play

the harp unstrung likes this.
  4. I think they responded to an ad I had posted. Completely not my thing but seemed very nice in the few emails we exchanged.

5. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    They seem like lovely folks.

6. jmon

jmon

Jan 27, 2002
    Jax Fl.
    Seem nice. My guess is they have already tried some players and it has been a mess. So they have chosen to try and hire a less experienced person that is easy to work with. Someone that can be molded into what they want. Not a bad way to go probably depending on what they need on bass.

7. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Definitely seems to suggest that there’s a dearth of bass players in Westchester though; I don’t know of *any* experienced musicians who have the patience to put up with a lesser player just because they might be drama-free.

Then again, I suppose if I’d gone through three or four drama-filled bandmates in quick succession I’d learn some patience!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  8. You're right about the dearth of bass players in Westchester. I'm just across the river in Rockland so I get a lot of bites from Westchester. People see 'bass player' on CL or Bandmix and don't bother to read what you're looking for. I'm looking for a classic hard rock/metal band and I'm getting audition offers from Country, Latin, and Bowie tribute acts.

Bob_Ross likes this.
  9. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Ha! I grew up in Rockland!
    Does The Copper Kettle still exist? When I was a teenager we considered that the ultimate local venue to get a gig at.

10. There's a place in Pomona called the Copper Still that I know is still there but not a Copper Kettle, that I know of. I've only been here about 20 years though.