Quitting band or Branching out to other musical interest?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, May 1, 2003.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've always found it to be a little like ending a relationship when ever you leave a group and am currently thinking about leaving a brand new project I've become involved with since I feel its just not me musically. I'll either leave or at the very least have to let them know that I'm gonna pursue something else on the side. I've noticed how quite a few musicians here play in more than one band and was wondering how they went about dealing with their bands "jealousy" at them "cheating" or what any of you think is the best way to quit a band:confused: ;)
  2. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    I havent run into any problems between my two bands. My second band knows that if there is a conflict in schedules that my first band comes first. Luckily I havent had to deal with that situation yet.
    I have noticed that my playing has improved since joining the second band. They are two totaly different types of music, so it is opening up my technique. I highly recommend it.