Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quote from Cosmo

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    ok, so I was talking to a girl I want to go out with over AIM, and I told her I play bass, so she says "gimme a minute, I need to consult with the female bible (cosmo)". So she comes back, and types in what cosmo has to say about the bass...

so according to cosmo.. " choosing such a physically domineering instrument indicates that he probably takes charge in the bedroom. you have to be willing to relinquish control and let him work his magic."

I couldn't stop laughing, and I hope you guys (not sure if this works for women...) will enjoy this as much as I did.

Greg

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I'm about as magical as Lucky Charms.

3. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    I do find myself saying "no, let me ... " quite often.

4. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Hey, if she's not willing to relinquish control and let me work my magic, I will gladly relinquish control and let her work her magic! Better yet, we take turns! The important thing is to get to the point where the issue comes up!

5. If Cosmo is the female bible, God help us all... :rolleyes:

6. Haha I actually read that article, a friend showed it to me a while back and I laughed.

7. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    lol, nice. I want to read the whole thing one day

Greg

8. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    My first thought of this thread was pointed torwards Cosmo from The Fairly Oddparents.

I think thats kinda funny, although ironic for me - I'm a bit too passive when it comes to girls...

9. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    It sure appears to be for chicks. Not sure what grown women read.

DCat,

10. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    The most magical thing about me is that my pinky finger is double-jointed. My Jaw makes a magical "popping" noise when I open it wide.

-Mark

11. Same here, and both of my thumbs are double-jointed as well.

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Bass Player mag had something similar in the last pages a few months back. Something about why women should marry a bass player.

13. WOW! The first true thing cosmo has ever said, i totally take cha-

never mind

14. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    lol, I still haven't been able to read thw whole thing, but once I do, I'll post some other funny stuff in here.

Greg

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    So, do all of us bassists have to say, "I swear that's never happened before. Trust me, it usually lasts longer. I swear!" Who's with me?

Fellas?

Anyone?

:bag:

16. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    LOL I thought it was Cosmo Kramer from Seinfeld! :D

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!

Same here.

18. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    "the female bible"

ROTFLMAO!!! Only if you're under 35.

I read "Bass Guitar", myself.

Cherie ;-)

19. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Haha, I read Cosmo once on a trip with a few girls when I was out of reading material, never again! At least it's not being negative, wonder what they think of ERBs then, guess with an instrument that domineering you may as well leave your panties at the door along with your free will ladies :p. I'm so gonna run that by some of the girls I know.

20. sanray

sanray

Nov 8, 2005
    Last time I looked at a cosmo mag, it was talking about the male G-spot, funniest **** I know of.