Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quotes after a show

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by southgabass, May 16, 2011.

1. So even though I've heard countless quotes about the band over the years I had one said to me after a gig this past Saturday night that I just loved (and actually remembered... sorry if you've seen me and I told you I would remember.... I lied)

Guy: Hey you

Me: Yeah man whats up

Guy: I don't know how you do it

Me: Do what

Guy: I don't know how you do it man... Your music just inspires lesbian action... and I love it

Me: ;) Me too

What are some of the quotes you have heard =D

2. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    I was briefly in a band that had a bunch of good players (except for one, who ended up downing the whole project). Anyway, our one and only gig, we brought in a really good local guitarist to play with us, and the gig was a total disaster (and we all pretty much knew it was a disaster as it was happening... mostly due to the one not-good player). This guitarist was later heard to say, "that's the least fun I've ever had with a guitar on". He's been playing for 35 years. Ouch.

3. Register_To_Disable

4. Unless you happen to be trying to hook up with one of the women in the bar that has been whipped into a lesbian frenzy and has no interest in men. In that case, you did a bad thing. I'm just sayin'... :bag:

5. lol.... nah these chicks were just having a great dance/rub-down time with each other... we all enjoyed the show... =D....

wonder what his 2nd worst would be then lol....

6. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Yeah... the only good thing that came out of that gig for me was he came up to me afterward and said, "YOU I want to play with again."

7. WackoStu

WackoStu

Dec 6, 2010
    Sturtevant WI

No Pic, no Lesbian action.........:bag:

8. I think I can handle that when I get home =D.... don't have those pics with me here at work =D.... also got a nice "show" from a chick who really wanted a free t-shirt.... good times good times =D

9. Barely Oakley

Barely Oakley Banned

May 10, 2011
    This was 25 years ago, but after our last set I asked our sound guy how it sounded. He replied, 'Hidious'.

10. Lol... yeah had a sound guy tell us that once while we were setting up... but by the time we finished the soundcheck he had 100% changed his mind lol

11. I have a video where at the very end you hear someone in the crowd say "wow, that was...loud." I was pleased and sad all at once.

12. That's the same line that some of my pals and I use when we haven't nothing really nice to say...and don't feel like being total asses. :bag:

13. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    My line in that scenario is,

"You guys have a lot of energy"

Translation: "you're sloppy and the drummer is rushing like crazy but at least you look like you're having fun".

14. Did he spell it wrong in speech too?

15. lsabina

lsabina

Sep 3, 2008
    WNY
    Drummer was told his time was like "sneakers in a dryer."

16. Barely Oakley

Barely Oakley Banned

May 10, 2011
    Do people call you Mr. Detour (meaning when people see you they take a detour to avoid you)? LOL

17. I finished my first gig with a new band after only practicing for a month.

3 full sets, me near panic stricken from not feeling prepared most of the night with the exception of the 3 songs I sang because I knew them from my previous band.

I'm tearing down and packing when I hear a guy tell our drummer "great set, your bass player has skill!" I take the compliment with a smile and finish packing.

At the next practice the drummer then tells me the guy who complimented me was the drummer from 13 Engines.

I was floored.

18. Very nice... I bet that makes for interesting grooves... especially with the squeaks lol

19. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    a friend once hit me with, "oh hey, i liked some of those notes you played."

20. jimmyjames

jimmyjames

Mar 30, 2011
    Queens
    it was after a halloween gig about 2 years ago, this cute blonde comes up to me while i'm packing up and tells me she likes how i play bass... that was cool on 2 levels lol she likes my playing AND she knew what a bass was :)

21. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    Not much live music around here in Kuwait... so we always get the "wow you're good etc"

but the usual we get (reminder: we;re a blues band):

"I wished you guys played Hotel California!"