1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quotes from Musicians or Bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Sayclean, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Sayclean

Sayclean

Jul 26, 2009
    Nashville, TN
    What was your most memorable quote or quotes from a bassist or musician that has inspired you ?

2. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    "Just because the bass has a traditional role to fulfill, that doesn't mean you have to fulfill it in the traditional manner." Jack Bruce

That gave me freedom and a solid grounding to combine what I love about fundamental players Luke Duck Dunn, Carl Radle, et. al. and others like Bruce, Cassidy, etc.

John

3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Augusta GA
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    From a drummer of my acquaintance - Don't let what you want to make happen interfere with what is actually happening.

5StringBlues likes this.
  4. Guitarist, after gig: 'Here's your money' :hyper:

5. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Not that this one "inspired" me, but one of the most memorable bassist quotes for sure:

:D

redwingxix likes this.
  6. ough-life-s-rich-tapestry-you-realize-that-most-people-you-meet-aren-t-lemmy-kilmister-75-6-0697.jpg

theevilplankton likes this.
  7. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Yeah, that’s a variant on “A good friend will help you move, a great friend will help you move a dead body”. Dead men tell no tales.

8. upload_2018-11-13_13-41-43.jpeg frank+zappa+quotes.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4-gB1_awh_CQJLO0_YUnH_LmUx3JiXCI0Bsw0A8rveguQEYsT.jpg 467a54af95bdd46ad6aba4f3d361b994.jpg

Killed_by_Death likes this.