1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quoting posts with pictures = clogging up TB

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Taylor Livingston, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    I find it really annoying when someone, for instance, posts 9 pictures of their new bass, and then someone else (usually several people) quote the original post, leaving all of the huge pictures in the quote, only to post "nice bass, congrats."

The end result is that the same 9 pictures get repeated 3 or 4 times on the same page, so I have to scroll past all of this just to read the post. By the same argument that pictures in signatures clog up the page and make everything more laborious to read, doesn't it seem like this should be stopped? I'm sure people don't intend to do this, they just don't think about it, so would it be possible to disallow quoting a picture? If someone actually wants to repost the picture, e.g. to ask something specifically about that picture, it would still be easy to take the URL of the picture and repost it.