Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

R bass 6 anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I own a R bass 5 now and it is a 35" scale but I was thinking of getting a R bass 6 that is a 34" scale. Anyone tell me anything about those? Would it be a whole different feel or sound? By the way I have yet to play a better bass than my R bass 5 except an alembic series small body short scale but that is a whole different beast.
    Thanks

2. fello

fello

Nov 11, 2002
    London, UK
    Hi.I'm am an owner of both R basses 5 and 6 string.They're totally different instruments, so it's a llitle difficult to compare them, due to their differences.The 6 is Bolt-on,34", BArtolini Electronics and Alder body, very very similar to the one Ray has listed for sale on his site and made by him during the same time, only with purpleheart top.The 5 is SC, Hazlab, 33", MAhogany body and chestnut top.All I can say about Ray's instrument is AMAZING!!.They both play very easily, and sound incredible.
    I thinking about putting the 6 for sale.I'm moving overseas soon, and i'm thinking of downsizing my rig for that.Heres's a pic of the 6.Let me know if you're interested.[​IMG]

3. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Hey Adolfredo,where are you moving to?

4. fello

fello

Nov 11, 2002
    London, UK
    Hey Adam.What's up? I'm moving to Madrid, Spain, a the end of the month.How are you doing?

5. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Doing okay...gigs are steady but not enough "real" music around here,mostly boring rock stuff where I get to play a whole lot of 8th notes.Otherwise everything's great.

and to be somewhat on topic, R basses are great...really wish I still had my 4.