1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

R Bass ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brandinstroy, Feb 21, 2001.

1. brandinstroy

brandinstroy Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera, Noble Amps, JHAudio, Trickfish Amplification
  2. ka-tet

ka-tet

May 2, 2000
    I played a 5 string that looked a lot like a Fodera double cutaway and it sounded great. If I had the cash I would have bought it. The construction quality was superb as was playability. What I can't understand is this: He's a very skilled crafter, why does he insist on making Fodera copies? I know his are a lot less expensive and for someone who wants the Fodera look but can't afford the price, his basses are an excellent alternative. But come on, make a name for yourself and have your basses stand out. I think him making imitations makes it seem like a lower quality instrument than it is. Like the Toby basses and the overseas made Spectors. I think he just needs to have a little creativity and come up with something different, not crazy looking, but something he can call his own.

3. brandinstroy

brandinstroy Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera, Noble Amps, JHAudio, Trickfish Amplification
    I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE GETTING AT.....BUT I THINK YOU HAVE TO SAY THAT TO EVERY COPY THERE IS.....FOR INSTANCE FENDER, SADOWSKY, LAKLAND, MODULUS, FODERA, AND MANY MORE.....WHAT AM I SAYING......THAT FENDER JAZZ STYLE BASS......ALL COMPANIESHAS COPIED THAT LOOK