Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

R Bass ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stroy05, Feb 21, 2001.

1. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
  2. ka-tet

ka-tet

May 2, 2000
    I played a 5 string that looked a lot like a Fodera double cutaway and it sounded great. If I had the cash I would have bought it. The construction quality was superb as was playability. What I can't understand is this: He's a very skilled crafter, why does he insist on making Fodera copies? I know his are a lot less expensive and for someone who wants the Fodera look but can't afford the price, his basses are an excellent alternative. But come on, make a name for yourself and have your basses stand out. I think him making imitations makes it seem like a lower quality instrument than it is. Like the Toby basses and the overseas made Spectors. I think he just needs to have a little creativity and come up with something different, not crazy looking, but something he can call his own.

3. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
    I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE GETTING AT.....BUT I THINK YOU HAVE TO SAY THAT TO EVERY COPY THERE IS.....FOR INSTANCE FENDER, SADOWSKY, LAKLAND, MODULUS, FODERA, AND MANY MORE.....WHAT AM I SAYING......THAT FENDER JAZZ STYLE BASS......ALL COMPANIESHAS COPIED THAT LOOK