R. Cocco and similar strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Asaf, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    Hello,

I'm looking for a similar feel and sounding replacement strings set to R. Cocco Nickel set (aren't sold anywhere).

I love the Low tension on the Cocco.
    I used Roto Swing 66 Nickel for awhile but they lack Bass frequencies for my taste.
    also tried DR and the Lo rider nickel didn't give me the sound I'm looking for.

i did a search and some wrote that Sadowsky strings or Fodera strings are recommended.

appreciate any help and recommendations :)

thanks.

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I haven't used R. Cocco's but I'll offer up some lower tension nickel strings you can try.

Dunlop Super Brights
    DR Pure Blues or Sunbeams
    SIT Foundations

I would not consider Roto 66 Nickel or DR LoRiders to be low tension. They are very stiff to me.

3. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    thanks !

4. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    I don't know what R Coco's sound like. But, if you are looking for big lows, DR Pure Blues are very good.

Fodera makes VERY balanced strings. Your bass will setup better than ever, with their strings. and the way the strings vibrate is somehow more controlled than other brands. The tone is pretty even and polite.

Asaf likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021