R.I.P. Captain Turbo

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by budman, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    this is incredibly awful. :crying:

man. :(

turbo was such a cute kitten!

2. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Owner/Builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    Thanks again. I know he was only a cat. It was just so shocking and brutal. I think today was roughest for Tom. I think he knows something is up. He wasn't his usual playful self today.

Linny called the cops last night when she found Turb's remains. She instinctively thought it was the cougar. The cop told her he had never heard about a cougar around here and told her to call the game warden. She told him about the story in the news letter. I called the warden today and they told me to call animal control and animal control told me to call the local police. :rolleyes:

Linny then wrote to a lady she knows who is on the city council. The council lady knew about the cougar story. There happened to be a meeting tonight. She suggested Linny go and speak her five minutes in front of the mayor. Linny went and got to speak. The mayor knew about the cougar(s), but said they were trapped and removed a couple of years ago. It was less than a year ago when the cougar story appeared in the news letter. :rolleyes: Seems there is/was more than one.

The mayor told her it was probably a coyote and for her to call the chief of police and tell him the mayor told him to set out the traps again. :rolleyes: After checking out the scene again today in better light I tend to think it may have been a coyote. There was a moist ditch running between two areas that had Turbo's fur. It would have had to cross the ditch for the fur to be on both sides. I went up and down that ditch and I couldn't find any well defined animal footprints. There were ant trails everywhere and we had walked in it last night, plus it had rained a little. I found one sort of undefined foot print that looked too small to be made by a cougar, but could have possibly been made by a coyote or a large dog I suppose. I doubt it was a dog that killed him. I've never seen a loose dog around here. We'll probably never find out what killed him.

Thank ya'll for understanding. It does me good to be able to at least write about it here.

3. My condolences. I am giving my cat a huge hug when I get home!

4. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Owner/Builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    This is getting just too wierd. Linny called the police chief and it turns out he's the guy who's goat herd was attacked by the cougar. He said he spotted the cougar two weeks ago and he and his friend shot at it. He thinks Turbs was killed by the cougar and not coyotes. Either way it's obvious he hasn't been speaking to the mayor. We found the news letter with the story about the goats being attacked and it has the police chief's name in it. It was from February of this year, not two years ago like the mayor said. The chief is supposed to be bringing a big trap around on Monday. Somehow if and when he shows up I don't think the trap will work.

5. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    What a beautiful cat. Sorry for your loss.

Marshall

6. I lost a dear friend of mine recently, but she was much older, im so sorry to hear this happened :(

7. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Sucks man......truly, Give much love to Tom for me. He's gonna have a rough time for a bit.

8. He was a beautiful cat Budman... Sorry to hear... Hearing how he died pisses me off a bit... It's just not right...

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021