R.I.P. Christopher Reeves

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by funkcicle, Oct 11, 2004.

1. shizack

Aug 24, 2004
    I thought it was supposed to stop at 3 :crying: Johnny Cash, The Gipper, John Ritter. Now Rodney and Superman? Death needs a holiday. :bawl:
  2. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Yeah I wanted to see him walk again too, better for him though, his face looks like he's in pain in that cnn pic.
  3. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    rip superman
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I heard the news as I was waking up this morning.... RIP Chris :(
  6. +1

At least now he's at peace.
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

RIP, Christopher.

Whenever I picture what Superman looks like, I will always see your face.
  8. One of the bravest individuals to walk the earth, Criss was a Superman. Peace to his family :crying:
  9. I just woke up and read it on my homepage. He was a great man.
  10. I believe Hollywood is in the workings of making a new Superman movie and are looking for someone to play the role right now. Personally i dont think anyone could play the role as well as Chris could, those shoes could never be filled.
  11. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Chris will forever be a sentimental favorite. Here's to you, Superman!
  12. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    This is such a shame. I hope his persistance and voice will continue to drive the medical industry to find a cure for spinal cord damage doesn't fade now that Chris is gone.

We weren't put on this earth to spend our lives in a wheelchair. Let's do something about it!

13. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Well, YOU can do something... The election is coming up & there IS a candidate which fully supports Stem Cell research...
  14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    RIP Superman. :(
  15. Alot of greats have died recently (just think of all the famous icons that have died this year) Makes me think how there aren't many real great and famous icons now adays, it is mostly "well she is popular, lets put her in movies give her a record contract, a TV show..." Sorry, didn't mean to rant.

*thinking of that song by Sonic Youth, Superman is dead, I think*
  16. but can't find the lyrics, may not be Sonic Youth, or it is a different name, I don't know, but I have the song "in my head"
    heheh a line in the song :bag:
  17. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    maybe I'm completly off here and thinking about something different, but isn't that song by Our Lady Peace?
  18. yep...that is why I couldn't find the lyrics. Neither are bands I really listen to so I didn't know, just thought I remembered it was Sonic Youth "D'OH!"

Thanks, it would have driven me nuts by the end of the day if I couldn't find the lyrics I bet.
  19. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    That sucks. I also hoped to see him walk again and applauded his stem cell crusade. :(