1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fatbassjazzer, Dec 13, 2006.

1. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Today, December 13th, is the five year anniversary of famous guitar player Chuck Schuldiner's death. Make sure to listen to Death and Control Denied today. He is definitly one of my biggest influences and Death is one of my favorite bands. Horns up to Chuck.

2. Cheers to that. He was a great musician, and it is sad that he is gone :( too many have been lost over things they could not control.

3. steve21

steve21 Banned

Death is awesome... really sucks how Chuck had to go. A brain tumor... :(

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Death is my favorite band. I wish I had known about it when Chuck was still alive. He is definately one of my main influences.

5. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    QFE.

RIP. :(

6. Awesome player. Sadly missed. I'm off to listen to The Fragile Art Of Existence now. :(

7. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Unreal, I'm still shocked that it's been 2 years since Dimebag's death, but 5 since Chuck passed away. :eek:

Truly a great musician and an awesome band. :bassist:

8. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I wish he had completed his 2nd and wrote a 3rd album for Control Denied. The first one seems kind of jumbled. I think it's because of the new band, he had so much musical freedom that it kind of went out of control. I'm sure the next albums would have had more direction to them and just be overall better.

9. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Yeah, R.I.P. Why couldnt the whole green day die instead:(?

10. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    You can throw in Blink 182 in there too.

11. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Yeah, lets try sacrificing them and see if the gods let Schuldiner live again:D
    Btw, Good Charlotte might aswell go while were on it.

12. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Chuck was the man. I'm listening to Trapped in a Corner off of Individual Thought Patterns right now. My band is going to start covering that song.

13. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Bumpin this thread.

Six years ago today. I'm currently listening to Pull the Plug off Leprosy.

14. RIP Chuck

I really like what Chuck accomplished with Death. Their early material was higly influential in the explosion of death metal in the 90s. His later material, starting with Human, expanded the genre in showcasing more musicianship while still remaining a brutally heavy band.

15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    RIP Chuck. Great musician.

16. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I totally forgot that today is the anniversary of Chuck's passing. And to think I just listened to Symbolic about an hour ago. I think I'll end the work day today by playing Human and Individual Thought Patterns back to back.

17. RIP

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    RIP. Amazing guitarist/songwriter.

19. Amazing song writer, amazing player, interesting person. Watch some of his interviews, he had some very interesting ideals/views.

20. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Man I nearly shot my AR in the air in celebration.

I thought it was Chuck Schumer. Good thing I did a double take.