1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

R.I.P. Jeff Healey - (great bass video included)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Kevin Ellis, Mar 4, 2008.

1. I was saddened to hear about the death of Jeff Healey. What a true talent he was. Check out this video with a bassist we all know and love!:crying::crying::crying:

2. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Great find. Thanks for posting.

R.I.P.

3. He fought his battle with cancer like a true warrior. The world of music has lost a great musician, but heaven has gained one hell of a guitarist. May you finally see the light. You will be missed.

Vincent P

4. 50something

50something

Jun 4, 2007
    First saw him live in '88 opening for Steve Earle in Atlanta. He had that aura of joy in his face, something like Stevie Wonder has. They must "see" something we can't.

RIP Jeff

5. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Great clip he sure could tear it up.

RIP

6. Holy f ck thats amazing

Rip bud

7. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS
    All I can say is WOW! That was something.

8. What a sad day, I heard on T.V. about his passing. I was fortunate to open for Jeff back in 91' in Halifax,N.S. What a nice guy! He treated our Band great!! He had a great sense of humour!!He will definitely be missed!! R.I.P.

9. That's really upsetting, I'm really shocked. He was due to play in London soon and a few friends and myself were going, as we missed him last year.

My thoughts are with his family.

RIP Jeff x

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's interesting, I didn't know Jeff Healy was that well known. He's not my bag, but I'm glad to see him get the props he deserves. RIP.

11. Phil Mailloux

Phil Mailloux

Mar 25, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Builder: Mailloux Basses

That was freaking amazing, although in this instance I'd prefer using the other F word. :bassist:

12. My girlfriend's father was a good friend of his. He was arranging for Jeff to see a mystic/healer the week before he passed. RIP Jeff.

13. Blake Bass

Blake Bass Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Montgomery, Texas
    Wow, I like that. It is the first time I've heard him play. Marcus sounds good too but I wish he would've just played it straight and not gone into the slap stuff. It doesn't seem appropriate for this style of music. (Marcus disciples go ahead and flame me!)

14. mustang-monk

mustang-monk

Feb 1, 2008
    when i saw it my first thought was "is that carlton banks playing bass?" miller just really reminded me of him, i think its the hair.

15. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Wow Miller and Healey, what a rare collaboration.
    Great find.

RIP Healey.
    what year was the video?

16. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Great video. He'll be missed. R.I.P.

17. Not sure what year the video was but Im thinking late 80's early 90's. There are also alot of videos with him with SRV on YouTube also. Watching him live was always twice as good as any of his records.:crying:

18. Great performance, I love it when he jumps up and starts dancing. He will be missed.

lowsound

19. A truly awesome player, a monster guitarist for sure (his bends are so loaded with feeling, wow) he was seriously great- this is a damn fine clip too (bassin' in your facin') take care up there dude...:bassist:

RIP man

M

20. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Yea..that is good!

R.I.P. Jeff