R.I.P. Jim Stinnett of Real Bass Lessons

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Wambemando, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    He was so positive, so modest, and so good! I wonder if he has a discography?

ProbablyTooLoud likes this.
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    ProbablyTooLoud and kobass like this.
  3. Samatza

Samatza

Apr 15, 2019
    Australia
    I loved how he shared all these cool grooves and always seemed so happy. RIP, he will be greatly missed by many.

Matt R and kobass like this.
  4. Phillynative

Phillynative

Oct 5, 2020
    RIP!

5. Pantofolaio79

Pantofolaio79

Oct 4, 2018
    Italy
    Oh my God I'm really sad! RIP Jim .. do you know what he died of?

6. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Pantofolaio79 likes this.
  7. Pantofolaio79

Pantofolaio79

Oct 4, 2018
    Italy
    kobass likes this.
  8. ACRock

ACRock

Apr 26, 2018
    SR PA
    I wondered why Jim had not posted any lessons recently - then I saw this news. Very sad to hear of his passing. I feel fortinat to have had the opportunity to learn from him. "Now pick up your bass and play with me!"

kobass likes this.
  9. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    RIP Jim.

kobass likes this.
  10. Hattie

Hattie

Mar 5, 2017
    Paris, France
    Super sad news. I discovered his channel a few years ago and his lessons are the only educational videos that I like to practise to.
    I hope his channel will live on. I sure am grateful for all his 'Real bass lessons'. Even though their number is now finite, they represent a lifetime supply of exercises to me.
    I would have loved to have the opportunity to thank him in person for that one day.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    FatFunk and kobass like this.
  11. Midwesterner

Midwesterner

Mar 5, 2020
    Does anyone know if someone is going to maintain his website? I am sure his family are dealing with a lot with his passing, but I really want to keep supporting all the incredible work he produced. I have sent a couple of emails about purchasing a number of his books over the past month and haven't heard back.

kobass likes this.
  12. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I sent a message to Jim's email after his passing. I addressed it to the family (hoping they would read it eventually). I included a link to this thread so they could read all of our comments. I haven't heard back, but I'm sure they'll get to it at some point. I've bought some of his books and I would certainly buy more. He was one hell of a teacher!

Midwesterner likes this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021