1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

R.I.P. my Peavey Tour 700.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Whil57, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Whil57

Whil57

Aug 7, 2013
    Long Island
    Love the tones i get from Peavey, but after 2 bass amps and 1 keyboard amp with less than 10 year life span, it's time for a new brand.

2. Was the problem equipment failure or operator error?

3. byacey

byacey

May 16, 2008
    Alberta, Canada
    10 years doesn't seem like a very long life span. What are you doing to these things?

4. Whil57

Whil57

Aug 7, 2013
    Long Island
    On the Tour i wasnt sure, i never really cranked it. But based on the death of the TNT and KB (which lasted only 2 years as a quiet practice amp for keys), i'd say their bad. Hell, i dont understand, i'm fairly cautious with my stuff, but based on another thread about cables, maybe its NY humidity? because in the patchcord thread people said they had 20 and 30 year old cords. To me, they just go after a year or two. I dont know. I'm actually kind of upset because now i'm going to have to drag my cab to stores and hope i find something that sounds the way i want. I'm sure it will piss people off and i may end up with nothing.

5. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    just buy working vintage GK or SWR