1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

R I P Peter Steele

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by fleabee, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Gonna miss that dude

2. Sijjvra

Sijjvra

Mar 31, 2009
    From the reports I can find, it's a hoax like the 2005 "Peter Steele is dead".

I'll wait to hear it from some official news site before I believe this one. He's done this before ;)

3. shackled

shackled

Jun 25, 2009
    Western NY
    Yeah- But why do it twice?

RIP- Love you to death

4. Sijjvra

Sijjvra

Mar 31, 2009
    Because they have a morbid sense of humor? I dunno, it might very well be true. He's not been too healthy for several years from what I understand, but again... from all the sources on the web it seems that it's another hoax. I'll wait and see personally. If it is true I'll be bummed, I loved Type O, especially World Coming Down album. If it's not true.... I guess we can look forward to another Type O album?

5. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    Whutwhut? Where did you hear the rad russian is dead?

6. Seems it's true. :(

7. I thought it was legit since it was confirmed by Kenny Hickey. I truly hope its BS{once again}

8. Sijjvra

Sijjvra

Mar 31, 2009
    I suspect we'll know for real one way or another by the end of the day.

9. F1Filter

F1Filter Guest

Feb 9, 2005
  10. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    Oh damn, that would be really crap if its true. On the other hand, all that I can find online refers to the twitterpage of his girlfriend as a source, which makes it very possible that this is a prank/hoax/macabre joke. I'm with Sijjvra, i'll wait to see if this is true.

11. Sijjvra

Sijjvra

Mar 31, 2009
    They "confirmed" in a similar manner in 2005 too, remember.

I can't help but be skeptical. The band is notorious for their black humor and symbolic statements concerning record deals, etc. Not to sound disrespectful because if it's true I'll be really bummed (as I said, love their stuff) but they've pulled this stuff before. I want an official news press release and then I'll believe it.

12. Damn, he was one hell of frontman and personality in general. Totally haunting/deep vocals,rockin bass lines,multiple tributes to the Beatles in their songs....RIP bud

13. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    :( RIP...

14. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    What? No way!

15. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Well that's a downer, he was a truly unique bass player.

Looks like life finally killed him :(

16. Real shame. Type 0 were a major fixture for me back in the day. Best wishes to his nearest and dearest.

17. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, that sucks. he was a really unique dude.

18. Bass-desires

Bass-desires

Oct 25, 2008
    El paso, TX
    Wow, that stinks. He was one of the people that really got me into bass. I loved his records. Damn.