1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

R.I.P Popcorn! One of the last great Americans.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Time Monkey, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    YouTube Video

He was one of the last moonshiners. As far as I'm concerned, one of the last of a dying breed... Truely free Americans.

R.I.P Popcorn.

News Link

2. Damn. RIP

3. Inspirational.

There was a time when most of the people in this country could make, grow or hunt down damn near everything they needed to survive. As technology has advanced, we have become so much less self-sufficient that it's frightening. Most of us wouldn't be able to maintain and repair the machines we depend on, much less provide ourselves and our families with food and shelter without the social/technological infrastructure on which we now depend. One electro-magnetic pulse could devastate "civilization".

People like Popcorn, however, will survive no matter what happens.

4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Huh, never heard of him. Look's interesting though.

5. well, there are a lot of homebrewers in the states :meh:

6. I just saw a special on the History Channel about hillbillies and he was one of them that they mentioned.

7. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    Somehow I think he disproved that idea.:meh:

8. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    i really wish i had a chance to party with this guy. :p

9. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    The guy seems to have been one bad cat. I'd have loved to chill with this guy.

10. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Georgetown, Kentucky
    Aw man, Popcorn died. Everyone should go try to find a copy of his masterwork, "Me and My Likker"