R.I.P. Ted Mulry

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Cambass, Sep 1, 2001.

1. News came through today announcing the passing of Ted Mulry, singer/bassplayer in the Ted Mulry Gang.

This band existed in Australia in the 70's (and 80's?). I have to admit I don't know much about Ted or his music but I thought I'd mention it. He had been battling cancer for some time now.

It's a particularly dark week for Australian music with the passing also of Graham 'Shirly' Straughn, the lead singer from popular band Skyhooks.
  2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Why is everyone dying all the sudden? :(
  3. Ted Mulry's passing was truly sad :(

Growing up Ted was my uncle's best friend. My mother is always telling me the story of a teenage Ted Mulry sitting on her front porch strumming his guitar, and my grandfather asking her 'who the hell is that long haired kid'? My grandfather then proceeded to tell Ted 'How do you expect to be an entertainer with that hair?'
    I got to meet Ted a couple of years ago at my uncles funeral. I remember him joking with my mother about what my grandfather would have said about his hair, which was still long... :) He seemed to be a genuinely good guy. I remember him laughing when, at the reception following the funeral which was at the local pub, somebody played 'Jump In My Car' on the juke box.
  4. It is terrible to have so many deaths this year of musical greats..
    Thats when i think, i hope i can do sthg so fantastic, that people will morn the end of me!