Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

R&R Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on VH1

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Max, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    What did everybody think? For me, there was too much chatter and too much Steven Tyler. Elvis Costello and the Attractions were awesome. Anyone know why Bruce Thomas came out with the band to accept their induction and then did not play? I got all goose bumpy when Sting said "we're not going to say much because we're keen to play." It was way cool to see The Police together again. Then Gwen Stefani, John Maher and Steven Tyler ruined Every Breath You Take.

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Well, at least Puff Daddy or P.Diddy or whatever he's calling himself nowadays didn't come out and ruin "Every Breath..." I enjoyed the Police's performance. Espcially Stewart's drumming.

But I've said it before and I'll say it again, seeing Angus Young with short hair was just strange. :eek:

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    You are right. We may never see the Police play together again, and it had to be ruined at the end. I say DO OVER!

4. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Stewart was definitely pumped up. He punched a hole through his snare.

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Great Show!! as I was corrected in the other thread it was good to see the original AC/DC back together.
    The Righteouse Bro's were awesome,
    I also wish that Elvis let Bruce play with him but even he said that those two have nothing but problems with each other, Still he shoulda played.

The Police were incredible untill those Bozo's came out to do back-ups at the end, and what was up with Tyler? Even Brian Johnson had better pitch control than Steven!!! That was the first time I ever seen him outa the groove, he sang Shook me all night like a robot!!
    Anyway it was a good show for all!!

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

How drunk did Billy Joel Look when he presented, i feel so badly for him to have all that talent but to be so controled by addiction. he has quite the rep on the east of Long Island.

7. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I thought it was a great show! I even taped it. I was really glad to see so many great acts get reconized. I almost started to cry when Morello and The Edge where talking about The Clash and Strummer. For some reason I was very proud of my life and my music.

8. Bon Scott was there too? back from the dead? wow...technology these days...

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hey come-on we know Bon was there in spirit, I was talking the drummer and bassplayer, :rolleyes: :D

10. Who are the original and who are the 'new' drummer and bassist of ACDC? When did the originals leave? :confused:

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    A few years ago! heck I even think Malcom left for a breef time!!?
    Last time I seen them they had Simon Wright on drums and some younger dude on bass..

12. Oh wow. I had no idea. I always thought it was Brian/Bon, Angus, Mal, Cliff, and Phil.

13. knight

knight

Nov 3, 2002
    Yes, Malcolm left for a few years a while back, because alcohol was taking over his life apparently... you can hear him tell all about this in his lovely nasal voice in VH1's behind the music. I have it on tape and watch it periodically when I want to remind myself what rock'n'roll is all about.

14. I kid, I kid!!!

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    How was the clash end of the performance... will reruns of this be on anytime soon?

16. Wow, I could not watch the show here in Europe but I had this feeling that The Police would come out and play together in the Induction. I remember the issue was brought up here in the forums some time ago, and some doubted the reunion would happen. I for one thought they HAD to play.

Too bad the show included the phony backup singing stuff.

But The Police was back if only this time and that has to be cool to the nth power.

17. Hmm... I don't seem to remember them playing... I think it was just Elvis Costello and the Attractions(who was awesome as always), AC/DC (who was ruined by Steven Tyler), and The Police (best performance of the night, but ruined by Steven Tyler, Gwen Stefani, and John Meyer).

Great to see The Police. I loved that shot of Stu and his busted snare head.