1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rack bag for AG500SC

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazzmcs, Apr 28, 2009.

1. jazzmcs

jazzmcs

Feb 26, 2009
    I just picked up an AG500SC to build a lightweight Aguilar rig. I tried racking it with my tuner and power strip in an SKB but that seemed like an overkill and pushed the weight to 35lbs. Still about 30 lbs lighter than my heavy DB659 rack though. So I was thinking of getting a 2 space Protec rack bag and just putting the AG500SC in it. Should be 24lbs total which is perfect. My question is can I tuck the front and back panel flaps under the bag when it sits on my cab or do they have to hang down over the cab? If they have to hang down it will obviously block some of the speakers which would be a big problem for me.

Thanks guys,
    Mike

2. jazzmcs

jazzmcs

Feb 26, 2009
    Just want to write that I did get a Protec 2 space rack bag and you can tuck the front and rear flaps under while playing. It seems to be a well made bag and is really light. The only issue, which isn't a big deal, is that the amp sits pretty far in the bag making it difficult to see the controls. It sits on top of a Berg Ae410 which is quite low so anyone with a couple large cabs wouldn't have this problem.

Later,
    Mike