1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rack Bag For G-K 700RB Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lbwdog, Aug 22, 2007.

1. I see the Gators all over the place but am wondering what else may be available.
    I'd like something a little shallower since the amp's only 8 1/2" deep. Also wondering if any 2u bags provide enough top clearance for the fan.

2. Ok, I've seen the Gigskins & Gators on the web but wondering if any of you GK owners use a rack bag?

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

I love my 6U hardshell Gator and it doesn't weigh much more than the vinyl cases.

I like the fact that I can hold my Ampeg head and other rack stuff (SansAmp, BBE Sonic Maximizer, tuner, Power conditioner) and all the cableing inside the unit. The shorter rack gear components basically gives you more storage space in a standard rack case.

I need 1 outlet to plug into, plug in my bass and I am ready. No cables, stomp effects, etc.

4. Yeah, I've got a 4u Gator shallow rack I keep my 800RB in but was kinda lookin' for a bag style that can be shoulder carried.

Indiana Mike's link to the G-K carry case is nice but I'm leaning towards a rack style. I may just go with a Gator rack bag but thought I had seen some posts awhile back about some shallower ones.

If I only had the foresight to bookmark these things in anticipation of future needs!,,Thanks guys

5. yeah...im subscribed to 170 threads right now...some for reference, some for fun, some for future use

in fact...

make that 171 ;)

6. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I have the bag that GK makes for my 1001RB. It isn't a rack bag, but a padded carrying bag that fits the head perfectly. It is great to take to gigs and just pop the head on top of the cabs. It is available through the GK website.