Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rack Bags

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brad Johnson, May 4, 2002.

1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Need a source for a 3 space rack bag, at least 12" deep.

2. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Very nice ones made by Pro-Tec International.I just got a 2-space.
    ...look for their website, or call your local dealer-
    Now that I think of it, Sam Ash had a 3-space soft rack on sale for $49.00......

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    check out www.zzounds.com

last i saw they had a Protec 3 space rack bag. about 13" deep. i think... free shipping.

4. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
  5. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Hey Brad, I've got two of the ProTec bags. I think that they've got the market cornered on this market. Much more stout than the Kaces version. I prefer the ProTec zipper to the velcro on the Kaces also. American Musical Supply also carries them.

6. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Thanks, Jerry. Do the front and rear covers fully remove?

I'm debating whether to go with a rack bag or something like an SKB rack case for my amp. I need at least 12" depth.

7. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    No they zip on three sides and flop under the bottom, both bac and front. I'm thinking that they are around 13.5" to 14" deep.

I find that the rack bags are more "organic" than the ice chest look of plastic and aluminum. :confused:

8. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I agree. I may just keep the rack I have. It's pretty non-descript but it works.

9. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I have a ProTec three space rack bag, I have my QSC PLX1602 in it. The rack is just the right depth for the PLX, enough room in the back to leave cords.

It's well made and all that, and fairly light at 9 lbs, but it's kind of bulky. Quite a bit bigger than I was expecting (I bought it from AMS without seeing one in the flesh).

10. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Found a Rok Sak bag that's a perfect fit, used at Atomic Music. I was trying to keep the size down because it's going to sit on top of some very small EA VL-110 cabs.

Thanks for the help.

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey Brad,

can you post a pic of the Rok SaK? seems nice!

12. AndyGL

AndyGL

Nov 20, 2000
    Wellsville, NY
    Just another option to make life more confusing. My Aguilar 3 space bag, custom for the 359 was made by the Modern Case Company. www.moderncase.com They make all kinds of soft and hard bags and racks. Nice quality.

13. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Sure. I found this one (Rok Sak 4 space) used for $35. Then I found them on the web for $52.95. I may just get a new one but this one is in good condition. It would be nice if they didn't make the carry handles quite as long as they do. Otherwise it's cool.

[​IMG]

14. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
  15. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
  16. EastCoast Ed

EastCoast Ed

Dec 31, 2001
    Brad attached is a photo of a 4-space ROC-SAK Rack Bag I purchased from Chuck Levins in Wheaton , MD. Price $65.00

17. EastCoast Ed

EastCoast Ed

Dec 31, 2001
    Brad attached is a photo of a 4-space ROC-SAK Rack Bag I purchased from Chuck Levins in Wheaton , MD. Price $65.00

18. EastCoast Ed

EastCoast Ed

Dec 31, 2001
    Brad,
    Kindly forgive me but I have been unsuccessful in attaching digital photos to my messages. Can anyone advise. Thanks.

19. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Thanks for trying, EastCoastEd

Sure. If the file is on your computer and its less than 51.2k in size you can attach it using the "Attach file" section of the Post reply screen.

If the image is already on a website you can copy the URL and come to the Post reply page, press the "IMG" button, paste the URL and post.

You can also delete posts you've made.