Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rack case for Ampeg 4 pro amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BlackburstJBP, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Hello friends.I was wondeing if anyone put there ampeg pro 4 into a rack case.I dont plan on putting anything else in the rack case ,so I would like to stay compact.I would like to know what size,and possibly what brand works well.Thanks for your help. :cool:

2. After doing a search on this site,I see that some are concerned with cooling issues on the smaller cases. Thats something I never thought of.Do you think th its better to just put the amp in a protective case that you can remove it from? What about drilling vent holes inthe sides?:bassist:

3. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Vent holes would work fine.

The issue seems to be more with the exit than the inlet. The inlet will pull air as long as there is something over an inch of space.

The exit needs more room or else vent holes, so that the air flow is not blocked. With most larger cases it isn't a problem, and you probably don't need to worry. Compact cases may need vents.

4. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I have mine in a 6 space SKB with a Korg rack tuner, a BBE, and a power conditioner. Works great, no issues at all.