Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rack Case on a Bergantino HT112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tommysalami, Mar 8, 2006.

1. tommysalami

tommysalami

Jul 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    I received my Bergantino HT112 today. Woo-Hoo!!!!:hyper: What can i say,this cabinet is everything & more that everyone on here has talked about. How are other HT112 owners setting their amp rack on top of this cabinet? The handle's higher than the corners. Are you putting blocks on the cabinet or not even putting the amp on there?

2. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Put rubber feet on the bottom of your rack case.

3. tommysalami

tommysalami

Jul 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    There's rubber feet on the case. It's an SKB but the feet are too short. I guess i could put longer ones on.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    You could also screw rubber feet into the top of the HT112, if you prefer, but I like the 'larger rubber feet on the rack' approach.

Another option (which is what I do) is place two Auralex Mo-Pads (which are made for smaller studio monitors) between the cab and amp. These are really quite cheap, and work like a champ. You can even use them to angle the amp up a bit, so that you can see the controls a bit better.

Tom.

P.S.
    Congrats on a great cab! :D

5. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I don't have a Bergantino, but on my Avatar 12 (older style) I run into the same thing. I just set it on it's side so the tweeter is still up but the handle is on the side -- then the new "top" is flat with just the stacking corners to work with.

Your logo ends up mis-oriented but it's a no-cost, no alteration way to get around it.