Rack case to suit Mesa400+?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim1, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    I have just purchased a new 400+ and am loving it. My problem is in finding a suitable rack case. I have tried the SKB and Gator cases but their sides go inwards to allow for the handles and obstruct ease of ventilation for the 400+'s side mounted fan. I do not want a shock case as I am trying to keep the overall weight as light as possible (I sold my SVT2 for this reason). I also want to keep it physically as small as possible.
    I am now contemplating getting the 4 unit SKB case and drilling some rather large ventilation holes in the top and on the side next to the fan.Alternatively I could cut out a piece and fit a perforated steel sheet, I suppose. Can anyone think of any problems with this approach? How have other 400 owners solved this problem?
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I have a 400+ in a Gator case with drilled ventilation holes. It works fine.
  3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    For a while, I used an SKB and racked it with thumb-bolts so I could take it out when playing. After that, I bought a 'traditional 5 space rack from TB'er Charlie Escher... it's a bit heavy, but gives lots of ventilation. I also mount a clip on fan to the back of the rack whenever I play to add to the ventilation, especially on the side without the fan.