Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

rack effect unit suggestion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by blamkin, Nov 30, 2001.

1. blamkin

blamkin

Nov 28, 2001
    Broomfield, Co
    Hi folks...

I'm looking for a simple rack-mounted bass effects unit, that has chorus, delay, envelope, and maybe some sorta auto-wah. I want good to excellent quality. It needs to work with the effects loop of a separate preamp. Also, I'd like a footswitch to turn the effect off, and it'd be cool if the footswitch would also let me select the effect I want instead of having to walk over and push buttons or work knobs on the unit itself.

What brands/models should I look for? I want to spend around $500 or so.

(boy I hope someday to be as helpful as everyone here's been. I should chuckle up $20 and join.)

THANKS!
    --Bill

2. May I suggest looking into a Boss VF-1 and a footcontroller to your need/liking, like two separate footswitches, which can be programmed as on/off, up/down etc. from the VF-1. Or consider a midi controller like a Roland FC-50 or FC-200, or a Behringer FCB-1010

The Boss VF-1 has all the effects you list, plus a huge load more. It's highly tweakable. But the factory settings often sound a bit extreme, so you would have to make your own patches.

3. I heard great things on the Lexicon MPX-500..
    It's a 24-bit unit that has 240 presets, Symmetric inputs/outputs ( both jack and XLR), and a SPDIF IN, so you can hook it up to your Bass Pod PRO with digital style :D :D

AND it's upgradable ! :D

it's pretty good priced too.. at the local store here it costs Hfl 1125,- , which comes down to about $ 450..

the link : http://www.lexicon.com/MPX500/