1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rack fans

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Tim Cole

    Tim Cole

    Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Is there a manufacturer of these, or is it something you need to fabricate yourself? An easy route might be to get a clip-on ac fan no?
  2. Zon Bass

    Zon Bass

    Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    You can also use fans designed for computers.
  3. I read your post probably ten times and could not understand what you were getting at. Then CLICK you don't mean like sports fans you mean air pushing fans!

    You can buy them. Look on ebay or possibly musiciansfriend.com
  4. redneck2wild


    Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    Several online Music retailers carry rack fans.

    Musician's Friend:

    You can also buy the fans at Radioshack. I don't think they carry the rack panel though.

    The fans are fairly loud though. I use a single unmounted fan for indoor gigs (just sitting in the back of my rack). For outdoor gigs, I use two fans mounted in a rack panel as well as the single unmounted fan.
  5. thumbtrap


    Jun 26, 2003
    Do you want fan that mount in a rack panel, or do you want to stick a fan in the side or something?

    www.mouser.com has pages and pages of them. They sell both kinds, but their component prices are good. Their "fans in a rack panel" are expensive.

Share This Page