Rack/Flight/Bag cases and Power Conditioners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Freakin Idiot, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Well, I finally sold my 750x for $690 :D and the next things on my list are a rack of some sort and a power conditioner.

As far as power conditioners go Furman seems to be the donkey's dong. Any opinions on Gemini and Alesis? I'd be in the market for something 100 bucks and under and would like a voltmeter.

As far as cases go, I don't know what I want. I know I'll need a 6 space for future expansion (to include a rackmount tuner and racklight). I don't want to spend a buttload on this, but I was wondering what you guys think is good for quality and low price.

What do you guys think of Proel, Anvil, SKB, Gator racks?
    What about rack bags? I know nothing about them. Can they take hits? What about a shock rack or something with some padding?

I'm really leaning toward an SKB Roller rack (6 spaces).
    Thanks guys.
  2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I've had a number of racks, rack bags and power conditioners. Of the rack bags, I like the Gators the most. Very tough and durable and a thickly padded shoulder strap.

Of power conditioners, I've had Furmans and now a Gemini. Both are about the same quality. I'm almost willing to bet they are made in the same factory. My current rig...