Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rack gear for sale!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Transverz, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey all! Check out the rack gear I'm selling to due to lack of space and my use for them. All items I had for 2-3 months and found they were only being used sparingly or not even at all! So off they go...snatch these up!

Tube Works Real Tube Reverb RT-921, Rare!
    Read detailed specs with description and price a few posts down.

Boss Half-Rack Compressor/Limiter RCL-10 - $25 shipped
    Bought to make my rig much lighter but never got around to it. I powered it up and it looks to work well. I will try it out tonight and make sure it works like I say. If you are still reading this, then it works and it is still for sale at a low, low price! Only thing you need to add is the AC adapter. Cheap to get from local electronics store. The maximum # of attachment pics are 2 so I can post the pic for this later if someone wants it. Or thru e-mail.

Tube Works Blue Tube preamp RT-904 - $85 shipped SOLD!

BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A - $65 shipped SOLD!

I have lots and lots of pictures but not sure if they all fit on here, so if you want me to e-mail you the rest of the pics, let me know.

I usually respond to PMs and posts fast! Thanks for looking!

2. jakepaul1

jakepaul1

Jun 30, 2004
    USA
    I'll take the Sonic Maximizer!! :)

3. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    jakepaul1: PM right back atcha! Thanks...

-T

4. seismic demo

seismic demo

Mar 22, 2004
    Iam interested in the preamp if you give me your info I willforward the funds. millard :hyper:

5. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Seismic: Preamp is pending. I received a PM right before you posted! I'll let you know...you are immediately next in line.

-T

6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Details and price? I was thinking I needed reverb for some reason.

7. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    You asked for it...

Well, if you need a dedicated reverb unit, and super warmth, this would be it! Here are the specs straight from the users manual at www.GenzBenz.com:

Tube Works Real Tube Stereo Reverb (RT-921)

· 2 full sized Accutronics® reverb spring pans. (6-springs each)
    · Operational modes:
    Discreet Stereo
    Stereo in, Summed Mono out
    Mono in, True Stereo out
    Mono in, Summed Mono out
    · Compatible levels:
    Line level in, Line level out
    Line level in, Instrument level out
    Instrument level in, Instrument level out
    Instrument level in, Line level out
    · MosValve (Patented) high-powered reverb drivers. Impedance and symmetry balanced to perfectly match the characteristics of tube/transformer drivers in old black-face "Fender™" reverbs with greatly enhanced versatility and no instabilities.
    · Extremely low-noise reverb recovery system including advanced circuitry and 4-stages of 12AX7A tube enhancement with level matching to insure proper channel balance.
    · BK Butler's special actively summed, passive characteristic 3-band EQ system with active output level control.
    · Stepping clip indicators which indicate -3dB from noticeable tube clipping.
    · Completely by-passable, including footswitch jack.
    · External high-current power supply to reduce internal hum and noise to unprecedented low levels.
    · Built with two goals in mind: GREAT TONE! LASTING RELIABILITY!

SPECIFICATIONS
    VOLTAGE REQUIREMENT: 30 VAC, 600 MA
    TUBE TYPE: (4) 12AX7A/ECC/83 (Selected)
    INPUT IMPEDANCE: 1 MEG. OHMS
    INPUT LEVEL: LINE AND INSTRUMENT
    S/N RATIO: 75 dB (Typical)
    HUM & NOISE: -85 dB (Typical)
    OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 470 OHMS (Typical)
    OUTPUT LEVEL: LINE AND INSTRUMENT (All Continuously Active)
    SIZE: STANDARD 19"; 1 -SPACE RACKMOUNT; 10.5" DEEP
    (From Mounting Surface)
    WEIGHT: 11.5 LBS (including Power Supply)

I like Genz Benz's spec sheets...very detailed.

Guaranteed not to be DOA and fully functioning. If there is anything about it that is not functioning correctly, I will take it back with full refund minus return shipping only. Other than that, it's as-is condition. It should be all good though as I tried it just days ago to make sure it was everything everyone says it was. And I'd have to say it's a damn warm, smooth reverb. No doubt.

From what it looks like, I seem to have gotten it from the original owner who hardly used it. Was trying to convince our lead guitarist to use it but I'm broke so too bad, times up. Wish I could keep it! Argh. Oh well.

Very much sought after reverb unit. Compares favorably to classic Fender reverb sound, some say it's even better. Last one I saw on eB*y went for $280+shipping...pretty low, actually. Regularly goes for well above $300, and this one is in excellent condition. Too bad you can't see any completed auctions right now. There was always one or two, but you can see 2 auctions in progress, with days left and bids flying. Check out how much they end for.

But I'm not greedy...just broke. So $280 shipped and it's all yours. Shipping will be through UPS Ground and insurance is optional if you want it. I can find out how much extra this would be. I take PayPal and it is preferred. But if someone can do fast money order, that's fine as well.

Yeah, it's not your $100 or so multi-effects unit but it's one of the prime examples of a piece of gear that does one thing and does it WELL. I'm sure the ones who have had prior experience with this reverb unit will especially appreciate this. (Or have been around long enough to know whose rigs this has been in! ;) )

Stubi19: Since you are the first one who asked, you have first shot. If you pass, then it's off to someone else. If no one in a day or so, then it's off to eB*y. Too bad though. Great piece.

I will have pics of it up tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

8. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Wow, sounds great. I have to pass however. So here's a free bump :)

9. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oh well... the Real Tube Reverb is now on that place where people sell stuff by way of auctions and whatnot. (hint: it rhymes with cheese-spray...sorta)

Boss half rack compressor still available though. Until I put that up tomorrow as well.

Thanks for reading!

-T