Rack Lights without a Furman

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jazzdogg, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I want to be able to selectively illuminate the front and/or back of my rack, and I have no need for a power conditioner.

I have searched this site and performed several Google searches, but have been unable to find simple rack lights that aren't part of a Furman-type device or have other features that I simply don't need.

I am prepared to fabricate something using a 1U plate, a few lamps, and a two switches, but thought I'd ask here first.

If there's a high-quality rack-mounted tuner that also has rack lights, that could also work.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I found two. Any other options?
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Nady-RL2-1U-Rack-Light-System?sku=183714

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=548000

2. Jazzdogg

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks, Tim.

From the reviews, it appears to have a little trouble resolving the lowest notes, but it'd still be better, and less expensive, than an empty rack space or an unneeded Furman!

3. I built my own racklight with 3 LED modules and a power supply. These are the commercial type used in signs. The run from a wall wart and are nice and bright. I used them in a reflective arrangement in a handmade aluminum shade that resides on the top space in my rack. They're red! Sorry for the quality but it's nearly impossible to hold steady for a long exposure in the dark.

4. Jazzdogg

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Hi Hambone,

Very cool! Do you accept Pay-Pal? :D

Seriously though (who, me? ;)), that's a great idea - and may be something I'll do when time permits.

Thanks for posting!!!

5. I've got one of those Behringer tuners and haven't had a problem with mine. I love the rack lights and I wanted a rack tuner anyway. However, if you don't want the tuner, that little Nady system for $20 seems like exactly what you were asking about.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022