Rack Mount an Eden Metro Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peabody, May 7, 2004.

1. peabody

peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Hey Metro Owners...

I was just wondering if any of you have ever attempted to remove the Metro amp from the combo and either rack mounted it or created a custom case for it. There are times I'd really like to use the amp as separate head, but I don't want to destroy the integrity of the combo unit in my attempt to do so. I know I've seen separate Metro head units that were stock, but I was wondering if anyone had tried it on their own.

I also have a Mesa Walkabout Scout combo. I wish Eden made it that easy to convert it to a separate head. Thanks in advance for any input...

2. Hi
    I did that about a year ago, and I only deleted the photo a few days ago.
    Its too wide for a conventional skb or similar rack case.
    I made a sleeve which was a copy of the upper part of the metro. I used either 1/2 or 3/4 ply, I dont remember which, I made a sleeve with the top part cut out to clear the controls like the metro.
    Handle on the top and another on the side, covered in carpet, and it worked fine.
    I used it because I went from an eden metro to an eden 2x15 and I wanted an amp to power it.
    In the end I sold the metro and bought a wt 400

3. peabody

peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Bumnote:

Thanks for the input. Question....when you finally sold your Metro, were you able to put the amp back into the combo unit without too much difficulty? I was thinking about selling the whole Metro and picking up a WT550, but that's when I got the notion to take the amp out. The WT550's sell for about what I could get for my Metro, and I'm thinkin'..what's up with that? Essentially I have the WT550 in my Metro and I have a 210XLT cab to go with it. It didn't make sense to go out buy lose money on something I already have. Thanks again for the input.

4. It wasnt a problem to replace it, its only held in by 4 screws as I remember, I think I had to remove and replace through the front, as the speaker connection got in the way otherwise.
    i thought the metro was a really good amp, its only that its heavy, and im getting old.
    The 2x15 is heavy but its easy to move because of the design. I have an xt 2x10 cab as well but its not as good as the metro xlt
    If I was going back to a 2x10 and an amp i would would probably still stay with eden, I tried a lot of amps in the last few years and I think eden are the tops.
    a very economical way would be to split a metro than buy an amp and cab seperate, and eden is expensive in the uk