Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rack Mount an Eden Metro Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peabody, May 7, 2004.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Hey Metro Owners...

I was just wondering if any of you have ever attempted to remove the Metro amp from the combo and either rack mounted it or created a custom case for it. There are times I'd really like to use the amp as separate head, but I don't want to destroy the integrity of the combo unit in my attempt to do so. I know I've seen separate Metro head units that were stock, but I was wondering if anyone had tried it on their own.

I also have a Mesa Walkabout Scout combo. I wish Eden made it that easy to convert it to a separate head. Thanks in advance for any input...

2. Hi
    I did that about a year ago, and I only deleted the photo a few days ago.
    Its too wide for a conventional skb or similar rack case.
    I made a sleeve which was a copy of the upper part of the metro. I used either 1/2 or 3/4 ply, I dont remember which, I made a sleeve with the top part cut out to clear the controls like the metro.
    Handle on the top and another on the side, covered in carpet, and it worked fine.
    I used it because I went from an eden metro to an eden 2x15 and I wanted an amp to power it.
    In the end I sold the metro and bought a wt 400

3. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Bumnote:

Thanks for the input. Question....when you finally sold your Metro, were you able to put the amp back into the combo unit without too much difficulty? I was thinking about selling the whole Metro and picking up a WT550, but that's when I got the notion to take the amp out. The WT550's sell for about what I could get for my Metro, and I'm thinkin'..what's up with that? Essentially I have the WT550 in my Metro and I have a 210XLT cab to go with it. It didn't make sense to go out buy lose money on something I already have. Thanks again for the input.

4. It wasnt a problem to replace it, its only held in by 4 screws as I remember, I think I had to remove and replace through the front, as the speaker connection got in the way otherwise.
    i thought the metro was a really good amp, its only that its heavy, and im getting old.
    The 2x15 is heavy but its easy to move because of the design. I have an xt 2x10 cab as well but its not as good as the metro xlt
    If I was going back to a 2x10 and an amp i would would probably still stay with eden, I tried a lot of amps in the last few years and I think eden are the tops.
    a very economical way would be to split a metro than buy an amp and cab seperate, and eden is expensive in the uk